I can not believe I am turning 29. Whew! One more year before the big 30. Okay, maybe I shouldn’t start a blog this way.
Sounds kind of sad as if I am old.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DANG ON SELF! Okay, thats better. Anyways, back to it.
As my 20’s come to a close, I would like to share a few things I have learned along the way.
- Life will not go as you planned. I just might have planned the age I wanted to get married, have kids and a solid career path. Life did not quite happen that way but that’s OKAY. Your 20’s is your learning decade. Spend your 20’s learning and understanding who you are and what you want.
- Spending a lot of time with yourself is mandatory. Self LOVE is one thing I have practiced consistently throughout my 20’s. The more I spent time to take care of myself is where I learned the most about myself. You know the motto, “Love yourself first and then you can learn to love others.” The truest statement known to man. Love you. Learn you. Be you.
- Your circle of friends will more than likely turn into a dot. You remember those few friends you had in middle school, high school, or maybe even college? Well only a few will make the cut. You will out grow people. You also might feel a little lonely knowing that you have fewer friends. However, those few friends will be all you need. They know you and will keep your best interest at heart.
- It is okay to not know what you want to do. Do not stress out when you are not sure about every aspect of your life. Where you want to live? What job/career you want to pursue? Who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Do not sweat or get stuck where you are uncertain. Everyone has a moment in their life when they become uncertain. Just write down what you want and figure what would be best suitable for you.
- Doing and being around things that make you happy will become more routine.You will start the know the importance of doing what you love more. The world can sometimes be an hindrance to your overall mood and well being so you will notice that doing what you love is high priority. Block all the negativity out of your life. That includes people and family members that bring you nothing but pain in your life. Good vibes only. Find your happiness.
Continue to live your life to the fullest. You only have one life to live why not make it count. I personally have learned so much by living and listening to others. I am still learning and I thank God for yet another year of life. Also remember, do what is best for your life and not other’s. People will try to tell you what is best for you. You know what is best for you. You know what you want and need. Do not allow people to dictate that. Now go be great! God Bless.
Love you guys,
Jamie Venice Owner/Writer of Veni Decor
Facebook: Jamie V Rodgers/ Veni Decor